Slap on your finest ruby-reds or emerald-greens and join Seattle NACE and Birthday Dreams for an extravagant evening on the other side of the rainbow. On the evening of April 19th, 2018 at The Golf Club at Newcastle you will dine in the shadows of the Emerald City and show your support for our two fantastic organizations.
Hold on to your hats and be whisked far away from Kansas to the magical land of OZ, where you will laugh in the land of munchkins, skip along the yellow bricks and meet all manner of creatures, great and small. If you get a little scared along your journey, fear not, for Glinda the Good Witch will watch over you along the way.
After traveling through the colorful lands of OZ, you will find yourself in the poppy fields at the gates of OZ where you will dine in absolute elegance and enjoy some of the exciting entertainment we have in store for you. As the sun sets on the beautiful view from the top of Newcastle, we will turn your attention to your courage, hearts and minds by asking you to continue supporting the important work we do at Seattle NACE and Birthday Dreams.
Alas, we can't escape from OZ with out a trip to the Witch's Castle for a final battle and a bucket of water (or martini). Bubbly concoctions and magical music will have you tapping your ruby-slippered toes and singing, "There's No Place Like NACE", until monkeys fly you home...
Don’t miss out on this annual extravaganza. Come on out, brave the witches and experience the event of the year.
Venue & Caterer
The Golf Club at Newcastle
15500 Six Penny Lane
Newcastle, WA 98059
It is our favorite time of the year! Your Seattle NACE board is turning our attention to planning one of the most notable events we have each year, the annual fundraiser and gala. As we begin our planning efforts for this fabulous event, we ask that you consider your donations for the coming year and include Seattle NACE and our beneficiary, Birthday Dreams. Here are some of the many ways you can donate now!
- Be an Event Partner – Do you have a product or service that you would like featured during the auction? Talk to us about how you might be able to be a part of this fantastic evening.
- Sponsor the Bar – You can be a part of the fun by donating the libations. We are looking for organizations that might like to donate wine, beer or spirits to be enjoyed during the silent auction.
- Become a Wine Sponsor – We are looking for a wine sponsor that would like to have their wine featured on the dinner tables or as fun prizes for our silent auction.
- Donate a Dessert – Feeling decadent? We will need quite a few desserts for our Dessert Dash this year.
- Auction Items – Of course one of the most critical elements of the success of our fundraiser each year rests on this most crucial component. Gift baskets, experience packages, hotel stays, travel packages, treats, trinkets and all manner of items can be auctioned off during our silent or live auction. The more you donate, the more money we raise to support our organization and our community.
- Any other way you might want to be involved – just let us know! We welcome your talents, input, ideas and feedback to make this a greater success than ever!
We hope we can count on your support, and we hope to see you on April 19th, 2018 at The Golf Club at Newcastle.
We are looking for some fabulous professionals to be a part of advancing our growth. As a committee member, you get access to some pretty great opportunities, including access to local & national educational opportunities, travel and development scholarships, fun team building opportunties and so much more. Email us now for more information, or come see us at one of the monthly meetings.
We are looking for support in the following areas:
Instantly expand your network and get acquainted with many of the amazing individuals in our industry. As a member of the Membership Committee, you will work with the 2nd VP and the Membership Chair to maintain our relationship with our members and our community, as well as contribute to developing valuable member benefit programs.
Let your creative side soar and join us in developing all of the amazing educational and social programs we execute each month. It's fun and rewarding collaboration where you will get the chance to provide your input on the programs, topics and themes for our monthly events. Get to know vendors, venues and caterers and expand your network while being a part of a damn fun team.
Fun, informative, quirky and engaging - just a few of the ways we like to craft our content and communication to our members. Are you a social media mastermind, or do you want to grow that skillset? Do you enjoy telling a good story or crafting engaging emails? You are exactly who we need to work with our Secretary to develop all of the amazing content that is delivered to our followers.
It's not all bean counting, people!! Not only do you get to work with the fabulous Monica Newby, but you also get to do some really thoughtful work in regards to governance and donations. In addition, you will get to know your fellow members better by occasionally helping out at the registration/welcome desk. Grow your network, develop your business acumen and have some fun.
UPCOMING MEMBER EVENTS
Winemaker for a Day with Chateau Ste. Michelle
Here’s your chance to be a winemaker for a day! Create your own red wine blend while discovering different varietals and their attributes! Whether you’re a connoisseur or a novice, this unique, hands-on journey starts with exploring and mixing five different wines from our award-winning vineyards. Taste, blend, then do it all again, until you feel it’s just right. Complete your experience by creating your own custom label for your bottle, then take it home to share with family and friends.
Sessions Offered Daily at 10:30am & 2:30pm (Sessions are approx. 90 minutes)
Accommodates up to 16 guests.
All of the Winery Experiences can be booked online: https://www.ste-michelle.com/visit-us/winery-experiences
Specialty Coffee Expo - Seattle
April 19-22, 2018
Washington State Convention Center – Seattle, WA
Specialty Coffee Association’s flagship event returns once again to Seattle for 2018. In this three-day expo, attendees will learn, sip and network their way through over 400 exhibitor booths, the U.S. Coffee Championships events, special exhibits and more.
There are some notable featured events and countless education opportunities. Below are a few highlights:
- Design Lab: Explore the best in café, packaging and vessel design.
- Roaster Village: Explore and taste coffees produced and roasted by some of the best roasters in the industry.
- Uppers + Downers: Taste craft beers brewed with specialty coffee.
- Best New Product Competition & Display: This year’s most innovative new products on display.
- Scientific Poster Session: Make connections and discuss compelling research with scientists from every part of the coffee industry.
- U.S. Coffee Championships events
- SCA Coffee Skills Program: Take a course for credit on Introduction to Coffee, Barista Skills, Brewing, Green Coffee, Sensory Skills, or Roasting.
- Workshops: Three hour, not-for-credit classes that dive deep into certain specialty coffee topics.
- Lectures: Respected industry experts give lectures on topics that inspire, educate and motivate the coffee community.
Welcome New Members
Lara Mainard - Salish Lodge & Spa
Christine Thrasher - Cedarbrook Lodge
Michelle Sims - Motif Seattle
Joseph Veneman - StaffMate
Tev Marchettoni, Grand Hyatt Seattle
Jacques Henry, JDH Events
Celeste Interrante, Alsco
Marliza Louis, Westin Bellevue