We want to hear from you! How can we make it an even better 2018?
Help us help you! Please take a moment to take our brief member survey. It is important for us to hear from our members about what you would like to learn more about at our chapter meetings and any ideas you may have for fun venues to host our meetings at!
It is our favorite time of the year! Your Seattle NACE board is turning our attention to planning one of the most notable events we have each year, the annual fundraiser and gala. As we begin our planning efforts for this fabulous event, we ask that you consider your donations for the coming year and include Seattle NACE and our beneficiary, Birthday Dreams. Here are some of the many ways you can donate now!
- Be an Event Partner – Do you have a product or service that you would like featured during the auction? Talk to us about how you might be able to be a part of this fantastic evening.
- Sponsor the Bar – You can be a part of the fun by donating the libations. We are looking for organizations that might like to donate wine, beer or spirits to be enjoyed during the silent auction.
- Become a Wine Sponsor – We are looking for a wine sponsor that would like to have their wine featured on the dinner tables or as fun prizes for our silent auction.
- Donate a Dessert – Feeling decadent? We will need quite a few desserts for our Dessert Dash this year.
- Auction Items – Of course one of the most critical elements of the success of our fundraiser each year rests on this most crucial component. Gift baskets, experience packages, hotel stays, travel packages, treats, trinkets and all manner of items can be auctioned off during our silent or live auction. The more you donate, the more money we raise to support our organization and our community.
- Any other way you might want to be involved – just let us know! We welcome your talents, input, ideas and feedback to make this a greater success than ever!
We hope we can count on your support, and we hope to see you on April 19th, 2018 at The Golf Club at Newcastle.
Now is the perfect time to get involved and get more out of your membership than you ever imagined. We are looking for some fabulous professionals to be a part of advancing our growth. Are you looking for an easy way to expand your network, open doors and advance your career? Joining one of our committees is a simple way to do all of those things at once. As a committee member, you get access to some pretty great opportunities, including access to local & national educational opportunities, travel and development scholarships, fun team building opportunties and so much more. Email us now for more information, or come see us at one of the monthly meetings.
We are looking for support in the following areas:
Instantly expand your network and get acquainted with many of the amazing individuals in our industry. As a member of the Membership Committee, you will work with the 2nd VP and the Membership Chair to maintain our relationship with our members and our community, as well as contribute to developing valuable member benefit programs.
Let your creative side soar and join us in developing all of the amazing educational and social programs we execute each month. It's fun and rewarding collaboration where you will get the chance to provide your input on the programs, topics and themes for our monthly events. Get to know vendors, venues and caterers and expand your network while being a part of a damn fun team.
Fun, informative, quirky and engaging - just a few of the ways we like to craft our content and communication to our members. Are you a social media mastermind, or do you want to grow that skillset? Do you enjoy telling a good story or crafting engaging emails? You are exactly who we need to work with our Secretary to develop all of the amazing content that is delivered to our followers.
It's not all bean counting, people!! Not only do you get to work with the fabulous Monica Newby, but you also get to do some really thoughtful work in regards to governance and donations. In addition, you will get to know your fellow members better by occasionally helping out at the registration/welcome desk. Grow your network, develop your business acumen and have some fun.
Young's Market Development Manager, Matt Johnson, will join us at the Panoramic Room to bring us up to speed on the world of whiskey. From origins to today's trends, we will taste whiskeys of the world and learn how to discern quality, what differentiates the different varieties, shifting trends and ideas for mixing. If the spirits move you, this is a program you won’t want to miss! Be sure to enjoy responsibly, whiskey and UBER make the perfect pair.
Because we can't resist a good excuse for a themed party, be sure to wear your best Gatsby gear as you step on in to the Panoramic Speakeasy, only if you want to, of course...
Venue & Caterer
Pacific Tower's Panoramic Room
1200 12th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
Perched atop Seattle’s Beacon Hill, the historic art deco Pacific Tower’s Panoramic Room is something to behold. The Panoramic Room is the perfect setting for weddings, celebrations, and events of all kinds.
FareStart is a real solution to some of our society's most pressing challenges—homelessness, joblessness, poverty and hunger. Our model works because we are both an effective social service provider and a thriving social enterprise. We help people transform their lives, create value for our community, and offer a way for everyone to play a role doing something that matters.
UPCOMING CHAPTER EVENTS
FRIDAY, APRIL 19th, 2018
Annual Gala & Auction
The Golf Club at Newcastle
UPCOMING MEMBER EVENTS
Winemaker for a Day with Chateau Ste. Michelle
Here’s your chance to be a winemaker for a day! Create your own red wine blend while discovering different varietals and their attributes! Whether you’re a connoisseur or a novice, this unique, hands-on journey starts with exploring and mixing five different wines from our award-winning vineyards. Taste, blend, then do it all again, until you feel it’s just right. Complete your experience by creating your own custom label for your bottle, then take it home to share with family and friends.
Sessions Offered Daily at 10:30am & 2:30pm (Sessions are approx. 90 minutes)
Accommodates up to 16 guests.
All of the Winery Experiences can be booked online: https://www.ste-michelle.com/visit-us/winery-experiences
Specialty Coffee Expo - Seattle
April 19-22, 2018
Washington State Convention Center – Seattle, WA
Specialty Coffee Association’s flagship event returns once again to Seattle for 2018. In this three-day expo, attendees will learn, sip and network their way through over 400 exhibitor booths, the U.S. Coffee Championships events, special exhibits and more.
There are some notable featured events and countless education opportunities. Below are a few highlights:
- Design Lab: Explore the best in café, packaging and vessel design.
- Roaster Village: Explore and taste coffees produced and roasted by some of the best roasters in the industry.
- Uppers + Downers: Taste craft beers brewed with specialty coffee.
- Best New Product Competition & Display: This year’s most innovative new products on display.
- Scientific Poster Session: Make connections and discuss compelling research with scientists from every part of the coffee industry.
- U.S. Coffee Championships events
- SCA Coffee Skills Program: Take a course for credit on Introduction to Coffee, Barista Skills, Brewing, Green Coffee, Sensory Skills, or Roasting.
- Workshops: Three hour, not-for-credit classes that dive deep into certain specialty coffee topics.
- Lectures: Respected industry experts give lectures on topics that inspire, educate and motivate the coffee community.
Welcome New Members
Lara Mainard - Salish Lodge & Spa
Christine Thrasher - Cedarbrook Lodge
Michelle Sims - Motif Seattle
Kristin Beman, Tuxedos and Tennis Shoes Catering
David Chambers, West Coast Entertainment
Sunshine Dunning, Sunshine's Catering
Valerie Gillas, Chateau Ste. Michelle
Holly Reichenbach, Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites Issaquah
Craig Slater, Bugsie Productions
Sherry Smith, McKenzie Kate Weddings
Adam Tiegs, Adam's DJ Service
Emily Cook, Aramark at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center
Roy DuBrow, British Motor Coach